A. Purpose of this Policy
- “Personal data” means any data relating directly or indirectly to an individual from which it is possible and practicable to ascertain the identity of the individual from such data.
- moovup (HK) Limited, moovup.hk (our website or any subsidiary domain) and moovup (our mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms) are collectively referred to as “We”, “us” or “our”.
C. What Personal Data Do We Collect and When Do We Collect Them?
- We collect two types of information from you:
a. personal data you knowingly provide to us; and
b. information collected on an aggregate basis
(i.e. not directly linked to you) such as user behaviour, type of job browsing, etc.,as you browse moovup.hk (the web-site) or use moovup (our mobile applications), when you visit moovup.hk, when you use moovup (our mobile applications), or when you communicate with us.
- Account Setup
Before you can use the full functionalities on moovup.hk (the website) or moovup (our mobile applications), you will need to set up a user account and provide your name, e-mail address, contact phone number, account password and (in the case of jobseeker) additional information relating to your job preferences, location preferences and your timing of availability.
- Ongoing Surveys / Contests
From time to time, we may also collect additional personal data from you in connection with optional contests, surveys, or special offers that we may organise.
moovup.hk uses web server logs and “cookies” (for explanation of cookies: http://www.whatarecookies.com/) to recognize your access rights on moovup.hk and to collect information about how you use the website moovup.hk.Information gathered in such way includes the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent on moovup.hk, and the web sites you visited immediately before and after moovup.hk.
D. How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
- In general, we may use collected personal data from you for the purposes of administering our business and to improve our services to users and prospective users. From time to time, we may also use the personal data collected to inform you of important changes to moovup.hk (the website) and moovup (the mobile application), new services and relevant offers/promotions.
- In addition to the above, we may also use personal data for the following purposes:
2.1. Processing your application or registration for our services, enquiry or feedback
2.2. Incorporation into our user database
2.3. Provision of contacts and business details in response to enquiries and complaints
2.5. Analysis – to understand how our users are using our website and mobile applications, to improve our user interface and user’s experience, and to provide better and more relevant services to our users
2.6. job matching and connecting jobseekers and employers
2.7. Service surveys
2.8. Direct marketing
2.9. Processing billing and payment
2.10. Meeting requirements to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong
2.11. Public notices
2.13. Other related purposes
- Specifically, when you fill in your “Job Match Preferences” in our mobile applications, if your available time, preferred districts and job types match the requirements of an employer, we will provide the employer with a simplified version of your profile, namely: first name (no last name nor mobile no.), profile photo, self-introduction, max number of workdays, work experience and education.
- Please note that we may use and store your personal data both in and outside Hong Kong.
E. Disclosure to / Access by Third Parties of Our Collected Personal Data
- We will exercise all reasonable efforts to keep confidential your personal data held but we may provide to or allow access to such data by:
1.1. any 3rd party who provides services or advice to us in connection with our operations (provided that appropriate confidentiality arrangements will be put in place with such 3rd party);
1.2. financial institutions in connection with the collection of payments;
1.3. any person under a duty of confidentiality to us;
1.4. our strategic marketing alliances or partnerships with third parties for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you.
1.5. any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong; and
1.6. any actual or proposed transferee of our business, moovup.hk (the website), moovup (the mobile application) or any part thereof.
F. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
- Information Security
We engage service providers that utilise encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal data we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Employee Access
We are committed to protect customer privacy and information and limit employee access to confidential information. In addition, we restrict the usage and disclosure of confidential information for authorized purposes, processes and transactions.
- Data Retention
G. Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong, you have the right:
1.1. to check whether we hold data about you and to access such data;
1.2. to require us to correct any inaccurate data relating to you; and
1.3. to be told our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
- Please address data access or correction requests, and questions or complaints to:Personal Data Privacy Officer
Moovup (HK) Limited
Unit 2A, Hong Kong Industrial Building, 444-452 Des Voeux Road West
Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
We may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
H. Links from or to moovup.hk
- In addition, we are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from moovup.hk nor the information or content contained therein.
(9 July 2017)